Sunday, March 18, 2012

Home Tour

I really love our apartment. A lot. I really hope we stay here for more than a year, as I haven't lived anywhere for more than a year in almost 5 years. That's a lot of moving! I am settled in here and I want to stay. As I mentioned earlier today in this post, I went on a cleaning frenzy Friday and the apartment is spotless. I literally walked around for probably far too long, admiring my handiwork. I'm not a cleaner, so this was a big deal for me. Well, us, as I live with two guys. I showed pictures of our apartment when we moved in in October, unfurnished, so I thought I'd share an update since the place was looking spic and span!

Welcome to our home! As I looked through the pictures, I realized I have a ridiculous amount of crafts in the apartment. I hardly have any store-boughten decorations. I'm actually pretty proud of that. I thought I'd link up to the posts of my crafts if anyone is interested.

As you walk in, you will see the living room, dining area, and kitchen. I should have probably shut the TV off for these, but I'm not ashamed to admit I was watching Boy Meets World.

I love how open our living space is. It feels very big and it is the perfect size for all of us. It's always so bright and sunny, too.

I love what we've got going on our coffee table. I have been loving the mustard and teal color combination as of late. I love all the vintage-ness going on there. I'm planning on using that suitcase for cards at our wedding, but I just think it's so cool and I wanted to find a nice place for it in the meantime without hiding it away in a closet.

I love our fireplace! It kicks off so much heat in the winter and make our apartment feel so cozy.

Kevin has a thing for beer signs, and I will admit I like them, too. He's gonna have a badass man cave someday. When we were originally trying to figure out where to hang them all, he wanted them all over the apartment, which was a little much to me. I love them clustered in this nook, though, it's not as overwhelming but it balances out all the crafts and stuff I have strewn about.

And this is my little craft corner. Those drawers are all packed full of crafts. I can't wait to have a spare room/guest room/office to store all my stuff in! I used to have all my craft stuff stored in that green bucket there, thankfully mom got me some organizational drawers for Christmas.

Here is our dining area/crafting area/office. I do my sewing and crafting here, and the boys do a lot of work here. Nobody ever eats here! HA. The only time we've eaten there is when Kevin and I cook "romantic" meals for each other, like when we're celebrating Valentine's Day or anniversaries. I'm still not happy with the yarn balls over my crayon art. I'm thinking of switching the grey out for white to match the yarn flowers on the table.

I love our kitchen! I hope someday I OWN a kitchen that's as great as this kitchen. So much cupboard space and countertop room. It's a little dark for my liking for a kitchen, but it's just so fantastic, I can't complain.

This is the rest of the kitchen area, with our breakfast bar area. Nobody actually eats here much either. Sometimes I'll eat breakfast or read the paper here. We should work on not eating in the living room for every meal, huh? Mostly this is where we keep all our mail or food when we entertain.

You also get a glimpse of the giant light up beer bottle in the hallway. I guess I allowed the beer signs in the hallway, too :).

Here is our room! I love our room a lot and spend a lot of time in here when the boys are watching ESPN or something equally un-intriguing. I just got that-I don't know what else to call it other than fabric--at the end of the bed. It's a very pretty vintage fabric that is becoming the color inspiration for the room--pistachio, mustard, brown, and aqua. I am planning on making some throw pillows out of it soon.

Here is the other side of our room with my newly hung shadow boxes and thrifted mini shutter.

I am also infatuated with our big closet and I hope I can OWN my own walk-in closet someday. I recently reorganized it to allow for better storage to free up space in our room. 

Here is our bathroom, where Kevin proposed :). Another reason I want to stay in this apartment for more than a year. Such great memories!! I am planning some fun crafting for that boring green shower curtain that we inherited from Kevin's last apartment.

There you have it! Hope you enjoyed this little tour of our home. Believe it or now our apartment is still immaculate. (I left out Brian's room and his bathroom, I'd feel a little stalker-ish taking pictures of his room! I also left out our half-bath off the living room. It's nothing exciting.)

We spent the weekend in Webster City visiting Kevin's cousin Curt and his wife Kari. They just announced they are expecting, so it was exciting to see them and be excited about the baby. Our roommate Brian also came with us, as well as two of our good friends Matt and Emily. It was a really fun weekend just hanging out, enjoying the weather, and celebrating St. Patty's Day. The weekend flew by, I can't believe it's already Sunday night! Luckily for me, it's still spring break :) I have lots of crafts planned as well as productive grown up things, like cleaning out our cars and applying for more jobs. 

What did you do this weekend? Are you on spring break? Make this week a good one! :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...