When Kevin and I were in the Amanas with my family back in November, we revisited our favorite antique store. This is where we found a bunch of mason jars. We also found an old shutter and small plates for our apartment that I haven't shared with you yet.
Our shutter is hung by our kitchen. Right now it's holding engagement cards. :) I made the paper tree next to it. See how I did it here! (Aaand another collection of mine, wine corks. Hanging onto them until I come up with something awesome to do with them.) The shutter was $10. We didn't paint it or distress it or do anything to it. However, it could probably use some dusting.
These tin plates caught my eye amongst a bunch of junk and I fell in love with them. I love the mustached man and the colors. We're using them as a drip-catcher on our stove for placing spoons when cooking. Only $2 for the set!
This was another thing I bought at the thrift store in Des Moines with Andrea (where I bought this magazine holder and these vintage handkerchiefs). I don't know why but I have been wanting to buy a jar of buttons for awhile now. It's weird, I know. I found this one for $3. It's keeping my sewing machine company.



No comments:
Post a Comment