I have so many crafts I want to make and so little time to do it! My boy came home for the weekend from his business trip in St. Louis. He goes back all week this week :( so I wanted to hang with him all weekend. My mom also came up to visit Friday (thanks, Mom!). It was a great weekend but went by way too fast. I can't believe there is only 2 weeks left of summer! Ahh!
I spent a couple hours this afternoon out on the deck making some crafts and listening to Say Anything on Pandora. Fun fact: Lead singer Max Bemis is married to Sherri Dupree Bemis of Eisley (see her website on the sidebar, "Me: A Work in Progress).
Anyway, back to crafting! My last post showed a picture of an iPod case I was planning on making. For some reason, the pictures aren't showing up anymore. Oh well. This took about an hour to make the first one, and about a half hour to make the second one once I figured out what I was doing. They both turned out great!
I found the tutorial on the Crafted Love blog to the right. She has a lot of cool stuff on there! She is also planning a wedding and has a link with all her ideas :) If you're not interested in making one yourself but would like one, let me know! It was super easy and I love doing it. Pick your colors and I'll mail it to ya!
Here are the materials! I didn't end up using the pearls because it didn't really go with the vibe. You also need a needle that is not shown here.
Finished product! The example I followed used an arrow but I wanted a music note. I found an outline I liked online and traced it, I pinned it to the felt and cut around it.
Ahh how I love it! I gave the purple one to my cousin and I kept the blue one. Seriously, if you want one don't hesitate to ask. I could also make a cell phone cover.
Also, I made this tree at the beginning of the summer and thought I would share it. I love this thing a lot! It took awhile to cut out all the leaves but was very very easy. I'm not sure where I found the tutorial, but here is my modified version:
1) You need paper (I used a pad of scrapbook paper that was thicker than normal paper), floral wire, cardboard, rubber cement (or any kind of glue), and branches.
2) Cut out a few sizes out of the cardboard for leaves.
3) Then cut out a bunch of leaves (however big you want the tree to be) using the samples.
4) Cut the wire about 4-7 inches, depending on if you want the leaves right next to the tree or to hang off a bit.
5) Use two paper leaves for one final leaf. Glue two leaves together, putting the wire in-between, kind of like a vein in a real leaf.
6) Twirl the wire around the branches however you'd like! Arrange in a vase and voila! Super cheap and easy decoration. Mine is on my desk.
I also made this to-do list picture frame a few weeks ago. Here is the tutorial to make the rosettes. I have also made them for hair pins that are very cute. They're really easy, again, and very inexpensive! To make it into a "white board", I wrote "to-do" on a piece of paper and put it in there like a picture. Then you just write with a dry/erase marker.
One more! I have made a TON of fabric covered button earrings. Here is the tutorial. No matter what I wear, I have earrings to match :)
No comments:
Post a Comment