Here are the materials you need:
Frames-- I got mine from Goodwill for $2 each. I got rid of the glass since I didn't need it for this.
Fabric-- I got mine from JoAnn Fabric for $2 for a quarter yard, it comes pre-cut
Wooden Letters-- I got them at Hobby Lobby for $1 each
Mod Podge-- any craft store, Wal Mart, etc.
Burlap-- Hobby Lobby, $3/yd, I probably used 1/5 of a yard for this project
I started out by cutting my fabric into random strips and mod-podgeing them around the letters. I found this was taking forever and the glue wasn't sticking. Instead, I traced the letter onto the fabric, cut it out, and mod-podged it to the front. I decided I didn't need the fabric to be all along the letter for my purposes.
See picture below-- just put fabric on the front. You can't even tell when it's hanging on the wall.To mod podge: I used a foam paint brush and brushed the glue onto the letter, then I put the fabric over it and glued over the top.
I didn't take a picture of how I got the burlap on the picture frame. See this DIY if you really are struggling. Essentially, you just cut out a piece of burlap that is slightly bigger than your frame. Glue the burlap to the back of the frame and cut off the excess. Very easy.
Ta-Da! Here's a closeup on the wall.
Here is how I made the bunting. Again, very easy.
Cut out triangles out of your bunting, or whatever shape you want for that matter.




No comments:
Post a Comment