Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Mini Thimble Flower Pots

Hey guys! I feel like I have been slacking on my crafts lately. I have been subbing pretty much full time and then working out after that, so I don't get home until 6 most nights. After dinner, job searching, etc. I just don't have the energy to craft some nights. I need to start a relaxing hobby that I can do while lounging, like embroidery or crocheting.

However, I want to give the people what they want! This is something I made over the summer and it has been one of my favorite things to make to date and I can't believe I haven't blogged this craft yet. I originally saw it made as a necklace, but I didn't like it as a necklace so I made it into a mini decoration. (You may notice some drill holes, just ignore those!) I didn't take step-by-step pictures, but it's VERY easy.


Here's what you need:


This was a very inexpensive project. The thimbles came from Hobby Lobby for $2 for 3, embroidery floss is <$1, and the pins were $2 for a box (as you will see I used only about 15)

Steps:

1. Pick the colors you want in each thimble. I used a variety but I think it would also be cute if you did one color per thimble.
2. Fill thimble 3/4 of the way full with hot glue (Be carful! That little thimble will get HOT!)
3. Arrange your flowers how you would like them. You will need to hold them in place for a few seconds while the glue dries.
4. Cut about 1-2 inches of embroidery floss, depending on how much grass you want.
5. Top off the thimble with another layer of hot glue. Be careful not to get the glue on the pins.
6. Quickly put the embroidery floss in the thimble before the glue dries. It may help to use another pin to push down the floss in between the flowers. Keep messing with it until you get your desired look.

I think these little flower pots are cute little details in any room! I love them. I keep mine in my bathroom on my vanity.



When I was taking pictures of these guys in my bathroom and editing them, I chuckled to myself at just how many crafts are on one single vanity.

If you're a new visitor (WELCOME!!!!) here are the links for you to explore :)

Burlap Jewelry Display
Fabric Button Earrings
Mason Jar Inspiration (as many of you know, I'm collecting vintage mason jars for guests to drink out of at our wedding. Until them, I'm putting them to use!)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...