Friday, January 27, 2012

Messy Side Bun

I workout every night, therefore take a shower every night because boy am I sweeeaaaatttyyyyy! Stick with me, the point of this isn't about how much I sweat.

Because I take a shower at night, I don't see the point in showering again in the morning. However, now that my hair is pretty long it always looks cracked out of its mind in the morning. So, I have been rocking the messy side bun pretty much everyday. (The good thing about subbing is nobody realizes you are rocking the same hair-do day after day).

I found this picture on Pinterest and I thought it was very pretty and I liked the description that accompanied it, and it looks similar to what I create in the mornings. I thought I'd share it with you in case you have cracked out morning hair as well.

Disclaimer: For those of you who don't know me personally, this is not me. I'm waaay prettier ;) ;)


Here's what you do (partially my directions and partially from the pin on Pinterest)

1. Tease hair all over. Emphasis on teasing the hair on the side of your head and at the crown. Note: I usually tease the body of my hair as well because my hair is very thin. This makes for a fuller bun.
2. Secure hair with an elastic in a mid to low side pony a couple of inches behind your ear. We suggest putting the pony on the opposite side of your head as your part.
3. Create a messy bun by spreading all the hair in the pony out evenly from the center of the ponytail. (I realize that sounds confusing but I don't know how else to word it). You can opt to leave some front pieces of bangs out to make for a more flowy look.
4. Give it a spritz of hair spray and let dry for a few seconds.
5. Pull the hair in your pony up to make another bun and secure with an elastic. MAKE SURE you have long ends sticking out. This will be kind of a baby bun.
6. Now you get creative. Take the ends that are sticking out of the bun and begin bobby pinning them in different areas around the base of your bun, near the elastic. Play with it to get your desired look.
7. Hair spray the crap out of it.
8. Curl the (optional) loose ends you left out. I usually pin mine back loosely to keep them out of my way while I'm teaching.
9. Spray some more.
10. Enjoy your extra 20 minutes of sleep by rocking this beautiful hairdo.

{{If you know the source of this photo, let me know! The link on Pinterest doesn't lead anywhere and I want to give credit where credit is due.}}


And here is my take on the messy side bun after a full day of teaching and headed out on a date with my boy.



And here's the great part about having a brooch bouquet for your wedding: you can wear the brooches until then. I got this one from my BFF Tonia. What a lady.



{{Dress: Heritage 1981 and you can also find it at Forever 21. I got it on sale for $13! I wore it with purple tights and grey boots. I am in love with the outfit and it might be my new favorite. I tried to get Kevin to take my picture to make an outfit post out of it but he said that was stupid. He doesn't understand blogging. Maybe I'll have to awkwardly do it my self with photo booth and hope nobody sees me. I feel so awkward taking pictures of myself.}}


Hope you guys have a great weekend! I'm headed to boot camp this morning (Saturday morning workouts are quickly becoming my favorite thing) and my grandparents are in town so I am looking forward to having lunch with them. What are you guys up to?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...