Saturday, January 7, 2012

Iowa Nice

[This is somewhat old news, but I found a video response and wanted to share. Enjoy.]

I am proud to be from Iowa, and plan on staying here for the long run. Of course I will want to travel and visit other places, but I want my roots to stay here. My family is here, I appreciate Iowa values, the cost of living is low, we have 4 seasons (though winter seems to be hiding this year, but I'm ok with that), I feel safe, and, as a teacher, Iowa has a great education system. Culture can be found if you look for it, and we are a progressive state. I could keep going but that's not the point of this post.

Stephen Bloom, a (former, I believe) Iowa professor wrote an editorial of his opinions of Iowa after having lived in Iowa for 20 years. I will let you form your own opinion on the article, which you can find here.

Pete Temple, Sports Editor at the Monticello Express, our local newspaper (our family newspaper), wrote a column in response to the article I appreciated and enjoyed. You can read it here. I thought he had some great points, and wasn't coming from a jaded place.

I came across this youtube video, also in response to the article. I have watched it a few times, and I think it's pretty witty. Please note this is not work-appropriate and does contain "adult language". You can view the clean(er) version here.




Go Panthers.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...