My collection:
My mom gifted me the purple one. I believe it was her grandma's. I remember admiring it in my mom's jewelry box as a kid, so I'm excited to be carrying it with me on my wedding day.
Kevin's mom gifted me the orange and white pins/clip on earrings (thought they are not technically brooches they will work perfectly!). She said Kevin's sisters used them for dress-up, and they originally belonged to his Grandma Clark. I'm excited to have meaningful flowers to carry down the isle.
You may be having a hard time picturing my vision for my bouquet, so here are some examples I have pinned on Pinterest over the last few months.
I love how colorful they are! I also think it will fit in perfectly with our rustic/vintage theme, which is coming together quite nicely in my head and on my Pinterest boards. Though these bouquets mostly have flower brooches, I am open to any colorful thing! I plan to start searching for these on my own soon.
I also know a lot of my family and Kevin's family reads this blog. If any of you have a vintage brooch you are willing to part with, let me know. I would love to have a piece of family history in my bouquet. Even a gifted brooch (or earring or pin, as seen above!), just knowing who it came from would be special to me.





No comments:
Post a Comment