Saturday, October 8, 2011

New Hair...Again

You may have noticed my beautiful amber locks in the previous post. If not, scroll down, take notice, scroll back up, and read how I did it.

I enjoy changing and/or updating my hair color about once a month or so. Here is my testimonial of dying (I don't know if it's dyeing or dying... gahh grammar!) my hair about a month ago. I did it the same color this time around.

My mom is/was a beautician and I get it from her. I have been migrating toward red as you may have read a few posts back. I am hoping to be red and not brown red. My mom always used to dye my hair for me but I don't make it back often enough, so I have resorted to box dye. There is a misconception that box dye is terrible for your hear. My mom says no. If mom says it, it must be true. She says you shouldn't dye your hair over and over because then you will have a buildup of color and it won't turn out how you want it eventually. I am going to ask my mom to write up a blurb with her hair-dying advice for my first guest post.

Anyway, dying your hair from a box is extremely easy and can be done all by yourself. Kevin and Brian (my roommates...if you haven't been following my life closely enough) went to Cedar Falls for UNI's homecoming, so I was left to myself last night. So, I bought a box of hair dye, made crafts, and watched episodes of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia. It was a lovely, relaxing Friday night.

Here are a few pictures from my endeavor:

Before-- Hair has faded from the last time I dyed it, about 5 weeks ago.


During-- This is always the point I get a little nervous. My scalp turns red and I think my hair will end up fluorescent. I also am messy and have dye all over my face. Attractive.

And the final product-- My curls look weird in this picture. I used this to get my hair curly. This picture isn't a good representation of how amazing this technique is.

I will re-post the video for those who missed it or can't be bothered to click the link above.

Consumer's Tip: Berets are aplenty at Forever 21 right now! Most are only $5! GO STOCK UP WHILE YOU CAN!!! :)

What do you think? I think I'm going to go lighter red next time. This is a good fall color. Stay tuned for my mother's testimonial that she doesn't know she is writing yet but she does now because she's reading my blog :) Thanks, mom!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...