Sunday, October 23, 2011

Pumpkin Patch

Kevin and I went to Howell's Pumpkin Patch today! Neither of us had ever been to a pumpkin patch believe it or not, and it was way more than we ever expected! It had all sorts of things to do for adults and kids, including a cafe, gift shop, ice cream, flower nursery--things you wouldn't think of. It of course also had hay rides, a corn maze, fields and fields of pumpkins, etc. There were SO many people there! It was a huge farm.

It was a good day and a great new fall tradition. If anyone is in the Des Moines area, I'd definitely recommend it. Here are a few photos from our excursion:

Hydraulic corn husk launcher

I'm wondering how they got that pumpkin face and trash cans all the way up there

This is a cardboard cut out of Howell himself.

We had good intentions of finding our pumpkins the authentic way-- in the field. But most of them were rotten and gross. So we picked them from the carts.

It was truly a perfect day for the pumpkin patch

Big pumpkins

BIG pumpkin

So stwong!

The unlovable pumpkin :( (gross)

Only picture I snapped in the corn maze before THIS happened! Hahaha. Just kidding. But could you imagine?! And who takes a 3-week old to a pumpkin patch?!?!

:) This picture makes me happy. What a perfect fall day.

The rest of our evening was spent watching episodes Lost. I had never had any desire to watch that show but Kevin convinced me to watch the first season. Well, now we're on season 4! It's so addicting. I just want to know what happens. Kevin is going to St. Louis for work for three weeks (Boooo!) so I'm going to have to wait a long time.

CFKEIOWE'AXDFWOEEQPR SLFAJL ARO RA AJRO AJTOAJV AOJROOATA!!!!!!!!!!!! I am typing this in bed right before I'm going to sleep and a GIANT spider just dropped off the ceiling onto my ARM! All the lights are off and Kevin has just fallen asleep. I flung the spider off my arm and turned on my lamp. I frantically tried to find it somewhere on the bed while I try to wake Kevin up. He is in a delirious state of sleep and doesn't understand a word I'm saying and proceeds to continue his sleep on the floor. Then I turn on ALL the lights and he finally wakes up after I give him a good shake. (Just trying to set the scene for you.) I finally locate the tarantula under my PILLOW and he is a fast sucker as he runs all over the bed. Kevin manages to kill him and then of course falls back asleep. Meanwhile, I am feeling like I have spiders crawling all over me and sleep feels far fetched at this point. Oh my gosh. I am so grossed out. I suppose this is what happens on the ground floor. Gahhhhh. Bleck. Gross. I hate spiders.

I will try and go to sleep now. However I'm now wide awake.

Pictures of our pumpkins will come tomorrow!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...