I came across a new way to curl your hair without heat! My hair never holds curl even with a ton of hair spray, and I have no patience or time to curl it ever anyway. I find a lot of great hairstyles from this blog, click on hair tutorials at the top and you can try some yourself! I learned how to do a fishtail braid from her as well. Her blog is pretty fun to read. Here is the link to her own testimonial, but the steps are in the video below.
Anyway, she featured a no-heat way to curl your hair that she found from the girl seen below (who has a fantastic accent by the way). I'm not going to try and explain it to you, just watch the video.
Testimonial
LOVED IT! I took a shower last night and let my hair air dry, it was just a little damp when I started wrapping it. I used hair spray all over before I wrapped it, because I know how well my hair holds curl (not). I pushed the headband back a bit so it wasn't in the middle of my forehead, because it was beginning to give me a headache. I tried it twice before I was happy with the wrap job. It was very comfortable to sleep in and I didn't have to do anything with it in the morning. Here is the finished product:

Some parts are curlier than others. Now that I know how it turned out, I know how to wrap it better. For example, I will wrap the back tighter because it's a little looser than what I'd like. When I first woke up and took out the headband my hair was out of control curly, but now at 11am it's calmed down a bit. It's a little flatter than I'd like, so I'm thinking next time I'll tease it a bit before I wrap it. I'm planning on wearing my hair like this to a wedding this weekend, so I'm hoping it will hold all day!
Let me know if you try it out!
P.S. Blog title was inspired by this song:
Note: One of his lyrics is, "A language I don't even know how to speak," and my boyfriend, who is inept at hearing lyrics, always sings, "I'm like b*#$! I don't even know how to speak." Let me know which you think is right!
No comments:
Post a Comment