Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Life Update & A Cute Puppy

Here are some life updates for you:
  • I haven't found any more spiders in my bed since the last episode. *Knock on wood* Kevin hardly remembered me waking him up. Go figure.
  • I have made many crafts over the weekend that I need to post. However, pictures always turn out better when I take them in daylight. However, I haven't been home to take pictures during daylight. Stay tuned for pictures later this week.
  • Our apartment is looking fantastic. I can't wait to show pictures.
  • I TURNED IN MY TEACHER WORK SAMPLE TODAY!!!!!!!!!!! All 60 pages. It was a great accomplishment and huge weight off. Last paper of my college career :) (until grad school...)
  • I started my second student teaching placement this week. I'm in Pre-K at a Child Development Center in Ankeny. It is so much easier than my last placement. The kids are much more well-behaved. That being said, it is so much less fulfilling than my placement in Des Moines Public. Instead of having conversations of why dad is in jail or mom didn't have enough money to do laundry this week, I'm having conversations about playing the DS on the trip to Disney World and what they're going to be for Halloween. I hope that illustrates the difference. Granted, these kids are about 3 years younger so the conversations are of course going to be different. However, I feel much more valued at a diversely populated school. I feel like my efforts go further and kids are appreciative for that solid figure. I knew I would have this feeling. I'm glad that I found my "niche" and I'm thankful to be pursuing a career that fulfills me.
  • My "work" (I say "work" because I don't get paid. In fact, I am paying to be there) day starts at 7am. This means I have to leave my house at 6:30, which means I have to get up at 5:30. I really don't need to get up so early because it doesn't take that long to get ready. However, I don't like to feel rushed and I like to watch the news, check my e-mail, etc. I think I'll start showering at night because 5:30 comes so early. I get done at 5pm. If you're doing the math at home, that's a 10 hour work day. However, I get a day off! You give a little, you get a little. I'll take a day off. This week my day off is Thursday. I'll get my DIYs updated then.
  • Kevin is in St. Louis all this week. Boo to that. I miss him. Hmph.




This is my [mom's] puppy Shiloh. She is a Shi-Poo (I'm totally spelling that wrong. I call her a "shit-poo" and never cared to know her real breed.) I miss her. She is the best dog. Except sometimes she barks and it startles me and she won't stop. I'm not a dog person and I love this dog to the point where I miss it. :) Mom and Macey have taught her some pretty sweet tricks. 
  • She can clap 
  • She can walk on 2 legs
  • If you say, "Who's a good puppy?" she will raise her hand
  • If you say, "Who let the dogs out?" she will bark twice
  • If you say, "Bang!" and point your finger at her she will fall to the ground
I'll work on getting videos of all this. Isn't she cute??

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...