Sorry, this post is overdue. It was a busy week of concerts, conferences, and weddings!
As mentioned in my previous post, Kevin and I went to a Taking Back Sunday concert Tuesday here in Des Moines. It was AMAZING and I wish I could go over and over again. There were actually 3 opening acts that lasted entirely too long. All tickets were general admission, and I don't know how to explain it any other way than... mosh pit. We stood from 6:30-11:30. So, our bodies were a little sore when the concert was over.
The first guy who played was Joe Summers. He was a local from Des Moines. He seemed a little douch-y but his music was good. If I heard his music before I saw him I might be more inclined to like him. But as stated in this post, I like artists for the whole package. He didn't have it. The second band was called Bad Rabbits and they were a huge surprise. They had sweet moves and a very different sound. Here's a video I found from about a year ago. This is an accurate representation of their sound, but not necessarily their look. I'd say the lead singer is a little more eclectic now. See pictures below.
The third opening band was named The Maine. Hated them. It could be that we had waited through two bands already, but they were the weirdest guys with the skinniest legs I've ever seen. Their jeans were ridiculously tight and one guitar player even had a rip in his crotch. Not attractive. There were about 10 teenage girls near us there to see them, and they were the quintessential teenie boppers. They were annoying with all their screaming and jumping up and down. Here is a video from youtube. This is not an accurate representation of their sound but it is an accurate representation of their douchiness. (Not sure how to spell douchiness.)
FINALLY! We got to Taking Back Sunday. They did not disappoint. Their sound was awesome and they played all their best songs. I loved them. I left the concert wanting to go all over again. Here are a few of the pictures I took from the night:
Joe Summers. Dumb.
Bad Rabbits. Entertaining.

Weird guy. Awkward yet...there are no words.

Tight pants. Ripped crotch.

Skinny legs. Unbuttoned shirt. Feather necklace. Douche.
Taking Back Sunday! John Nolan. He's on my list.
Taking Back Sunday. Adam Lazzara. Badass.

Such a cutie pie.
Loved that he was barefoot.
Go give 'em a listen.
No comments:
Post a Comment