Sunday, October 30, 2011

New Traditions

This weekend Kevin and I went antiquing, which is becoming a new tradition for us. We have done this one other weekend and we had a lot of fun. We're both into vintage, rustic looking things. We're also both pretty cheap and love finding a good deal. I'm environmentally conscious and like to repurpose things when I can.

On the way to our destination, we found a flea market! I know that flea market/thrift store type places are always less expensive than your traditional antique store. You just have to dig a little more to find those gems.

As some of you know, I have been "planning" my wedding in my head and gathering ideas on Pinterest just in case that day comes. I have been hoarding ideas of how to use mason jars. I have seen great ideas but one of my favorites is having all the guests drinking from mason jars at the reception. I know mason jars are hard to come by because they are becoming a hot commodity. While perusing the flea market, I saw it! A WHOLE giant display case full of mason jars--only $1.25 each!!

I never tell Kevin my wedding ideas because I'm holding out for a certain special moment in time to occur first. However, I knew we needed to get those mason jars. I ran to find him (He was looking at beer signs. Go figure.) I pitched my idea to him and he loved it. A lot. More than I ever expected him to love it. So, we bought the store out of mason jars. All 18 of them.

Now they are decorating random places throughout our home until we need them. We even used them as our own drinking glasses last night. Kevin and Brian found out the hard way the bigger mason jars hold about 3 beers. And it also makes you drink faster than normal. They didn't last long.

Here is my pretty drink. Mango margarita!
To get sugar and salt around the rim, just rub a lemon or lime around the edge. Dip in sugar or salt. Voila! Doesn't it just look delicious? It's much more fun drinking out of a mason jar.

Hope you're looking forward to my eventual wedding :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...