I realize you have to read it with grain of salt, as some of the stories might be exaggerated or may not be entirely true. However, it's sad to think this could be ME or YOU in a situation like that. I would recommend reading a few of the stories posted on this site. It won't take long, I promise. Just read it and be thankful for what you have and realize what could very well be your reality someday.
Saturday, October 8, 2011
"Occupy"
This is a terrible time to be cut off from the news and internet, but I have been trying to read up on the "Occupy Wall Street" situation. I don't know enough to voice an opinion on the matter at this point, but here is some of what I have learned. Groups of people all over the country are speaking out for American Reformation. It started in NYC on Sept. 17 and has spread to many other cities. From what I gather, people are protesting because they are fed up with insurance companies, lack of jobs, debt in America, and the never-ending cycle of poverty. In no way do I consider myself an expert on what is happening, this is what what I have briefly read in my google-ing. But in my brief researching I did come across this website that I would like to share. I think it helps explain some of what people are protesting:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment