Hope everyone had a good Labor Day weekend! Friday Kevin and I stayed in and continued our conquest of watching the Lost seasons. After much convincing he finally persuaded me to watch the first season. I must say, I'm hooked! I wouldn't recommend doing this while student teaching, however. We are only watching about 3-4 episodes a week since I'm so busy! Saturday we headed home to visit the family. We cameback last night. We attempted to go to an iCubs game today but it was sold out. Instead, we had a few drinks and appetizers at Mullets downtown. Then, I headed home to enjoy the nice weather on the deck and do some crafting. As time has slipped by, I haven't gotten much accomplished and my TWS and this week's lesson plans are weighing heavily on my mind. I just don't want to do anything :( It's one of those days.
I did color my hair while I was home, however! It's red! I have been progressing slowing toward red through my last few dyes, and this time I took the plunge. The inspiration for dying my hair came from Elycia and her blue/purple hair! Isn't it AWESOME?!

Don't worry, I didn't do anything that drastic. But, if I didn't live in Iowa and wasn't a teacher, you better believe my hair would be blue and purple at this very moment. Usually I'm brown with red but now I'm red with brown :). I got it in a box at Wal Mart and my mom put it on for me. I dyed it Feria Auburn Brown. See below. I wanted to share pictures but I can't for the life of me get it to photograph well! I tried my camera and iPhoto on my computer. Oh well. Imagine this but brighter.

[Note: Box looks redder in real life]
Kevin thinks it's not a very "professional" hair color, which makes me a little nervous. It kind of looks outside the realm of natural hair colors, but it's not that outrageous. Should I be nervous? Maybe I'll dye it brown come interview time.
Here are the pictures of my hair in real life. I tried indoor light, direct sunlight, shade, everything! Shade worked the best. I guess if it means that much to you, you'll have to come visit to see it in real life.




The last one is depicting my frustration that I can't get a decent picture to look RED! Gahhh! I feel like after all that hype you are thinking that I'm nuts and you don't even notice a difference. :( Trust me, it's different!! Ok, time to move on. Enjoy the rest of your weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment