I have a very easy craft for you today that ANYONE can do. Valentine's Day is coming up and I thought it was time I get a few decorations up. Alas--hanging paper hearts!
Here's what you need:
This project only cost me $3-- $1 for the book from Goodwill (as much as I would like to say "Embers of the Heart" was already in my collection, I got it from Goodwill) and $2 for the thread. I already had the scissors and needle on hand.
Cut out your hearts. I cut mine in different sizes for a varied look.
Cut a long piece of thread. I did some arms length wide, and some a little longer and some a little shorter.
Poke your needle through the heart. I always aimed for a little higher than halfway down. Pull the thread all the way through so the first heart is at the very end.
Secure with clear tape. I ONLY did this for the first heart at the bottom of the string.
Put your next heart on. I left about 1 inch between every heart.
To get the hearts to stay in place, poke one hole and then make a loop and poke a second hole through the heart. This will help the heart to stay in place and not slide down.
Keep going...
Leave about 4 inches at the end of the strand. I taped the last heart just like I did the first heart.
Make more strands! Lay your strands out as you make them so they don't get tangled. I would say it took 3-5 minutes to string one strand.
Tape each strand to the bottom of the top blind. When the blinds are closed facing down OR when the blinds are open, you won't notice the tape.
Ta da!
I am pretty darn happy with how this turned out. It probably took about 30 minutes total after cutting the hearts out. I think when Valentine's Day is over I may move it to our bedroom where love and hearts is always appropriate!
On the personal front, I've been getting too many sub jobs and can't keep up with all the crafts I have planned! Ok, I'm kidding. I'm thrilled to be working everyday. I'm just bursting with creative energy this week. Need.To.Make.Things.
Mystery solved! Mom got me a subscription to Brides magazine and I guess it came with a bag. Still, however, for sale! :)
Psst... don't forget to click on the Facebook icon above and "Like" Start Acting My Age on Facebook to receive updates when...I update. :)


2 comments:
oh, did I fail to mention that you would be getting a free bag with your Brides subscription? Sorry ;)
Yes I think you did. I couldn't find anything about any magazines when I searched Google. I haven't gotten any magazines yet!! I anxiously check the mailbox daily. Now they're just teasing me sending me free lunchbox purses.
Post a Comment