Thursday, February 23, 2012

What's In My Bag?

This theme has been floating around blogs for awhile now, and I always think it's interesting. Hopefully you think so, too!


I have two bags to go with both sides of my life. The first bag is my teacher bag that I take with me to school everyday. The second bag is my purse that I use when I'm beeboping around town or going on all those romantic dates Kevin takes me on. I want to start by saying everyone in my life hates this purse and thinks it's stupid. However, every single time I come across someone new, they LOVE it. I mean, who doesn't love a fox purse that comes equipped with ears, button eyes, and a floral print? I was very hesitant to buy this purse for the simple fact it had EARS. But (staying true to the meaning behind this blog) I am an 8 year old in a 23 year old's body and I knew I had to have it. And, I got it on sale at Target for $10! What do you think? Love it or hate it?



So... here's what's in my bag!


Sunnies: Forever 21, $5
iPhone: $50!!! (That never gets old!)--I'll be posting DIY cover ideas tomorrow!
Earbuds: I listen to music constantly
Lipstick: Freebie from Clinique (Thanks again, Grandma!) This is a 4 color palate with a brush. It's the perfect amount of matte and gloss
Wallet: Gift from my aunt for my 21st birthday... been using it ever since!
Chapstick: Damn wintery lips
Sub card: This is a "business" card I leave after all my sub jobs, a little self-promotion on my way to securing more sub jobs! I always carry one around with me, you never know who you're gonna meet!
Sharpie pen: My favorite kind of pen
Gum: You don't want janky breath!
ID badge: There are SO many stores that offer educator discounts! I always carry this with me just in case
Keys: Shows how few responsibilities I have... car, apartment, mailbox; Napoli keychain, bracelet from my little buddy Haley, and spreading that peace!

My second bag is also a favorite. I got it super on sale at Target for $4! It's big and it has lots of pockets. I also love the print on it.



Planner: I am OCD, I love crossing off items on my to-do list, and I love seeing all those sub jobs lined up!
Lunch box: Insulated from my mama! No school lunches for this lady.
iPhone: Oh, did you know I got it for $50? I'm sorry. That's the last time you'll hear that.
Camera: For taking pictures of great ideas I see in classrooms
Water bottle: I drink about 2 of these a day! I got to boot camp everyday and need to be well hydrated!
Wallet: Usually empty
Emergency books: A few of my favorites just in case I come to a class with no sub plans!
Bag o'Sharpies: I'm obsessed. See the DIY here.
Sub cards: More self-promotion. Secretaries, I'm coming for you!

There you have it. I feel like that was way too much information for a "What's In My Bag?" post but I'm ok with it. If you see me on the street, please don't mug me.

1 comment:

Kjtakes11 said...

Allie, I have to say, your teacher-bag looks very similar to mine...right down to the OCD color-coded planner! I am going to have to remember to put my camera in my bag because I have been using my phone and it is getting full.  I seriously had to do a double-take on the planner because it could have been mine!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...