HOLY CRAP! I can't think of something I'd rather do than this. There are few things I love more than COLOR and I happen to very much enjoy participating in organized races. I am SO totally doing this. Read on if you want to know what the heck I'm babbling about...
The Color Run is a touring organized race that travels across the United States. No matter what part of the United States you are in, there is probably a run close to you. Not many traveling 'things' in general stop in Iowa, but luckily enough for us, we are bordered by three states with superior cities.
Living in Des Moines, I think I am probably closest to Kansas City. However, I do have best friends living in the Twin Cities and family living in Chicago. Maybe I'll run it 3 times!
The Color Run is a 5K race (about 3 miles). You start off with a white shirt and by the end of the race you are rainbowed from head to toe! I can't think of anything that I would love more. Each kilometer is a designated color, and in the end there is a gigantic color celebration. At first glance, I thought it was paint that was creating all the color. It's actually a natural and organic dust (I can't only assume it's magic fairy dust) that is edible (though not recommended) and perfectly safe!
Watching this video will make you want to run it. I promise.
Honestly, how much fun does this look???
I will be running this race in either Kansas City, Chicago, or the Twin Cities. Anyone want to run it with me??
Update: I signed up for the color run! I am running the Twin Cities race for sure, possibly Chicago! If you want to run, you can join my team! If you register by March 1st you get the lower rate of $30, prices go up after 3/1! If you are interested, leave a comment or shoot me an e-mail and I'll give you our team name. (Note: The only benefit of being on a "team" is the lower rate. You can certainly register individually. If you want on our team, you are not obligated to run with us for the whole race, though you are certainly welcome to! YAY COLOR RUN!




3 comments:
Love, love, love! I set a goal to run a 5k this summer back when I was in New Zealand.. this one looks PERFECT! So much fun :) I have a few friends going to the Chicago one.. I hope registration opens soon, until then I need to get into shape!
GO YOU! It's great it's a 5k so it's not too intimidating! Hopefully I'll see you there :) I am seriously considering running in more than one city. I can't wait!
HANNAH!
Post a Comment