What I don't like about Valentine's Day is of course the commercialized aspect of it. I perused the Valentine aisle at Target yesterday just for the heck of it and didn't like what I saw. Who really wants a random teddy bear that says I love you? Or a $5 heart-shaped container of M&Ms? Valentine's Day shouldn't be a stressful holiday of trying to figure out what to get your significant other. My outlook is this: make your loved one feel loved by doing that one special thing you know he or she will appreciate. Whether it's their favorite candy, a back rub, cooking dinner, cleaning the house, taking time to go on a date, sending that extra text, or finding an excuse to write down exactly why you love them. I truly believe it's the meaning behind the gesture that makes Valentine's Day so special.
Kevin enjoys seeing the crafts I come up with so I knew he'd appreciate one I made just for him. This is by no means an original idea. It's been floating around Pinterest for awhile and I pinned it forever ago. Any excuse to be sappy and romantic is something I'm on board with. Here is my take on the idea.
(I'll give you a minute in case you need to throw up)
I also want to note that if you're looking for a last minute gift idea, this is NOT it. Maybe a last few hours gift idea you'd be ok. It was a little time consuming. Now to complete my thoughtfulness, I think I'll clean the apartment and cook dinner. Unfortunately Kevin is in the middle of busy season and won't be home until late so a romantic date is not in our future. Looks like it's chef Allie tonight! :)
Happy Valentine's Day!
No comments:
Post a Comment