Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Switch Swap

This past month I participated in the Switch Swap hosted by Mollie on her blog Wild Olive. When I first started my embroidering ventures, I used her blog to gain knowledge of the simple stitches and I also look to her blog for inspiration! If you're interested in embroidery, her blog is definitely the blog you want to look at.

A "Switch Swap" is a very simple and fun little project. Anyone who wanted to participate could sign up, give basic information about your personal preferences (colors, motifs, etc.) along with your address. Mollie assigned everyone a person to sent and embroidery piece to as well as someone who will send you one! Rather than partners, it was more of a circle swap! You can learn more about the Switch Swap here.


I had been waiting to share the piece I made until I received my goody in the mail so I could group it into one post. I received my embroidery before I even began mine. I must say, it put the pressure on me to make something of quality! I received my lovely little package in the mail. I should have taken pictures but I was too excited and ripped it right open!


Look at that beautiful piece of embroidery! Just for me!

The lovely lady who stitched this for me is named Sun and she is from California (how appropriate, thinks this midwesterner!) She sent me this lovely card explaining a cool connection we have. I included my blog in my switch swap information (because what better way to get to know me than my blog) and she actually visited! In a twist of fate it looks like we also will share the same anniversary :) June 22! I think that is so cool! I was also thought it was so nice the thought she put into it. She saw I was recently engaged, and embroidered adorable lovebirds. I just love it. It is also very well-made and it is clear she really put some time and energy into this piece.



Oh, but it gets better! She also included this AH-MAZE-ING little wire ring that I just LOVE! Words can't explain. I so want to learn how to make this. Sun-- if you're reading! Teach me how!! :)



Now, it's my turn. The information I got on my swap-ee is that she likes the colors red, orange, and green. The motifs she likes are anything cute and kitchen-y. She left it pretty wide open, which made it a little harder, but a lot of fun! I focused on the kitchen-y motif and found a warm color combination that would be happy in any kitchen. I pulled the design from my brain.




I have been trying to think of a little something "extra" to add. I have been going back and forth between thimble flower pots or an embroidered iPod case. The only problem is I don't know if she has an iPod, so maybe another sort of embroidered felt piece? Who knows!

I love the idea of a switch swap and am so glad I participated! Mollie is hosting another one in the fall, I'll keep ya'll posted when she does!

2 comments:

Holly Drew said...

Oh my gosh, what an amazing surprise to get in the mail! A very talented artist - is she on etsy?

StartActingMyAge said...

It was a really awesome thing, you should do it in the fall! I don't know if she's on Etsy, she didn't mention it. If she's not, she should be!! ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...