Sunday, April 8, 2012

Blast From The Past

This weekend we traveled back to Kevin's hometown to spend the weekend with his side of the family. It was a nostalgic weekend of looking through scrapbooks and old school work. Kevin brought some back home with us and I thought I'd share because some of the things he dug up are just HILARIOUS. I may be biased because he is my fiancĂ©, and I am a teacher and am easily amused by children. I hope you can see the humor in some of it as well.

These first pictures are from a kindergarten notebook. From what we gathered, the students drew a picture and told the teacher what they drew, and the teacher wrote the sentence. 


I promise Kevin's mom is really a good mom, despite how unsupervised he appeared to be. (Sorry, Jolene!!) ;)





(This next one is just simply not true)

(Kevin said he still vividly remembers this dream)


(His teacher left something to be desired in her spelling as evidenced in the next two pictures)



Running out of ideas?? 

 My favorite part of the one above is the fact that he states, "...Her job is just to cook." Mind you, this couldn't be farther from the truth.

These next few are from his "diary", estimated to be from 2nd grade. He wrote in blue pen for the majority of the journal, and when he was really angry he wrote in red pen. (Jason and Lindsey are his older siblings.)


This is why I love kids!!!!!!!!!!!!! (And Kevin.)

Just for further embarrassment...here's a picture of Kevin from high school with a bunch of sock monkeys...
:)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...