Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Being Fit vs. Being Skinny

This is going to sound weird, but last night I was showing Kevin my biceps and triceps because I am just so proud of how strong I am getting from boot camp! Then Kevin put his foot in his mouth and said, "Why do you want big muscles?" Then, of course, I got defensive. :). Which prompted me to write this blogpost.

I am dang proud of my muscles! I work hard for them every single day. I love being strong and I love being fit. I will never be "skinny." It's just not in my composition. And you know what, I don't want to by skinny. I'd rather be fit over skinny any day. I eat healthy and I work out everyday. I am happy to be in shape!

To end this rant, this is the workout I did today at boot camp.


To summarize, that's 200 push ups, 50 pull ups, 50 sit ups, 100 vertical jumps, and 50 squats. With a mile warm up run. I demonstrated all the exercises to Kevin and he said, "I don't think I could do all that." :)

I am proud to be able to do this! I've been doing boot camp for 4 months now and am in the best shape I've been in, even though I may not be at the lowest weight. Each cycle we get "newbies" who join our class. This cycle, we got quite a few guys to join. Big, tough, burly men who struggle through the workouts while some of our returning females kick some butt! 

If anyone needs help moving a couch, opening a pickle jar, or flipping a tire, I'm your girl ;)

P.S. If anyone in the Des Moines area is interested in joining my boot camp class, you can do so here! :)

1 comment:

Alyssa Lahr said...

50 Burpees?! Impressed!! I do 10 and I start complaining - keep up the good work!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...