Sadly, it's Sunday already. I had a really great weekend spent with family. My parents were in town this weekend for the JDRF Walk for the Cure. They came Friday night and we enjoyed dinner and some drinks. We took them to a few small town bars and it was a lot of fun.
Grandma and Grandpa were also in town and Grandma made us zucchini bread and scotcheroos!
On Saturday morning, we walked in the JDRF Walk to Cure downtown in the skywalks. So many people and such a great cause!
Saturday night we had some serious storms run through. Nothing serious came of it, but there was a lot of "hype" leading up to it. Here's a look at the radar. I like storms up to a point, then I get scared. When I was little I used to be terrified of tornadoes, and I ALWAYS had dreams about them. I still do to this day! I found out this weekend my dad also has lots of dreams about tornadoes. Could dreams be genetic?
I was going to do something exciting Saturday night (more info to come later this week) but it didn't work out, so I decided to color my hair instead. I was in the mood to do something drastic (always a great mood to be in when picking out hair color, right...?) I usually dye my hair "Light Auburn Brown" but I decided to go "Rich Auburn" this time. It wasn't as drastic as I'd hoped, but I do love the outcome. I'm wanting to go lighter red, I'm thinking the summer sun will help with that.
And here's the final product! Definitely a more vibrant red than before.
Today I pretty much bummed all day. I did make a trip to the mall with a gift card Kevin won at work. What a nice boy, letting me have it! :) I put it to good use and managed to come home with money to spare! I'm most excited to try out my new Sephora eye liner. I've never boughten anything there (remember, I'm frugal) but Tonia has been suggesting I try it and it is the same price as my Target-bought stuff that has pretty well dried out. I also got a light and summery cardigan, sunnies, and some other cheap-o accessories from F21. Word to the wise--F21/Heritage has super cheap cami's ($2.80 each!) that I love. You can never have enough cami's. Anyway, I'm sure you don't care about my adventures at the mall so I will wrap this up before you call asleep at the computer.
Kevin and I are off to the grocery store, which as become somewhat of a Sunday tradition for us. Exciting things are happening in my life this week, I'll be back Wednesday with exciting news! (Don't get your hopes up, it's not a job. I wish!)
Enjoy the rest of your weekend and make it a great week!
P.S. I am always on the lookout for new blogs to love, so feel free to send me suggestions anytime! If you are on the lookout for new blogs, all the blogs I read daily are listed on the righthand side over there. I love taking a half hour of my day to relax and become inspired by other bloggers. My friend Kelli just started her own blog this month! I love reading it and I know you will, too. We are VERY similar, so chances are, if you like reading this, you will like reading hers, too. You can check it out her blog, Thrive, here!










1 comment:
Thanks, Allie! ;)
Post a Comment