Monday, April 9, 2012

currently.


Working On: Applications, applications, applications, applications. I filled out applications to all the large districts in the area months ago, and now I'm branching out to the smaller districts. Many districts haven't opened any jobs yet and I know I shouldn't be worrying, but I am. I put a lot of pressure on myself to succeed and right now I just don't feel like I'm succeeding. I feel like I'm in limbo and I hate that feeling. I just have a lot of anxiety about finding a job, and I'm trying to be proactive about my situation. Not having a (full time non-sub) job secured for the fall is the one thing in my life that isn't working for me. I am having control issues, I'll admit it.

Loving: The lack of responsibilities in my life. When school's over, I have the whole night to myself. No papers to grade, no homework to do, nobody to cook for. Ok, nobody that I HAVE to cook for. I can do whatever I want. I can workout without having to think about a bajillion other things I should be doing. I can craft to my heart's desire. Even though I am a little anxious, I need to relax and enjoy this time of no responsibilities. I am also loving boot camp. I know I talk about it all the time, but I am down 4% body fat and I feel great!

Thinking About: Ok, to be honest, I'm always thinking about finding a job. But we already covered that. To get my mind off that, I'm thinking about all the fun events that are happening this summer! First, I'm getting my tattoo! I'm hoping to get it drawn up this weekend and then inked in the next month or two. I am so excited! Then, our trip to San Diego with Kevin's sister Heather. I am SO excited about that! It's been almost 2 years since I left for Italy, and I'm feeling an itch to travel. When I return, I'll start my summer job nannying for the best girls I know. This was my job last summer, too, and it was the best summer job EVER! Polly Pockets, crafts, and the pool. Repeat. I'm also excited for Tonia's wedding! My dress is being altered and I'm collecting material for my maid of honor speech. It'll be here before we know it! I'm also looking forward to spending quality time with my boy, grilling out, soaking up the sunshine, reading many books, and going to many local farmer's markets.

Listening To: Fantasy Factory. Man do I love that Rob Dyrdek! If I weren't watching TV, I'd be listening to Brand New. I have been listening to them nonstop since hearing they are coming to see me in the midwest.

Eating: Nothing. But I'm hungry. I think I may have a popsicle. Dole Fruit Bars are the best thing ever. I think there are only 60 calories in 1. Of course there is no nutritional value, but I have a sweet tooth and it satisfies my cravings!

Wishing: It were the weekend. My parents AND grandparents are coming to town this weekend. We are going to do the JDRF Juvenile Diabetes walk downtown to raise money for my sis! I'm also going to get my tattoo drawn up. The weather is supposed to be rainy but luckily I will have lots of people around and lots of activities to do! Oh...we're also going wedding dress shopping :) I'm very excited!! The first time I went with my mom and I wasn't too into it. This time I am PUMPED! I feel like I could even make a purchase. Ok, that's probably not true.

Feeling: Lucky. I know that I am "worried" about my lack of job for the fall, but I realize there is so much to feel thankful for. I am in a profession that allows me to always have a job subbing. I have a job RIGHT NOW. I have a job for the SUMMER. I need to relax and just let it be. It will all work out. I am thankful to have a loving partner who is supportive of my dreams and wants me to do what makes me happy. I also have family and friends who believe in me and my talents. Life is good.

(To read other "currently." posts, you can read Katie's, Allison's, and Danielle's.)

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

OMG! I feel you in every way, shape, and form on this post! You couldn't have put my life in any better perspective! Thanks for taking out my frustrations in yours as well!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...