Monday, April 2, 2012

Ink Inspiration

Good golly this is my 3rd post about tattoos! I need to stop talking about it and just DO it! Such a commitment and I cannot make big decisions easily. (If you're new here, read my first post about tattoos here and a silly post about a tattoo here).

I've wanted a Brand New lyric for a long time, so I'm pretty set on that idea. I had to find the right lyric that spoke to me, a lyric that would still be meaningful when I'm 80 years old. "Hold On To Who You Love" has been stuck in my head for a long time. I can't ever see myself regretting that message, even when I'm old! It will only grow in meaning as I age.

Here is a picture I found on Brand New's Facebook page. I know I posted it the last time I talked about tattoos. I still like the idea of having the handwriting of my family as the fonts in the tattoo. It looks good in this one, but I'd be nervous it'd look jumbled or weird. It's an idea that adds even more meaning!



The next decision was placement. I had thought about my foot before, but I don't like feet and don't care to draw more attention to such an ugly body part. It's a weird quirk, I know. I saw a picture of a bride on Green Wedding Shoes that had a tattoo on her back and I fell in LOVE (I also fell in love with the entire wedding...you should click the link and check it out!) I think it just looks so cool and I love the placement on her shoulder blade. I want a tattoo that can be easily hidden, but I also want a tattoo that can be easily seen when I want it to be. 


While I want something a little more subtle and delicate, I was inspired. I searched for other tattoos on the shoulder blade and I loved the tattoos I found.

This is another Brand New lyric I found on Facebook. This is more what I had in mind for size and placement.


Another Brand New lyric :) I think this would be the exact size and placement I'd want.


I've also posted this one before. This is more of the size Kevin wants me to get but I think it might be too big. (Again, BN lyric.)


I loooove the placement on this one! However, I don't think it's be easy enough to conceal.




You always hear people say you should draw your tattoo on your skin and live with it for awhile to see if you really want it. Since I can't exactly write on my back, I asked Kevin to do it for me so I could see what it looks like in the mirror. My direct instructions were "In your neatest handwriting possible, write 'Hold On To Who You Love' in one straight line in small letters." Here's what he came up with:


It also took 6 tries to come up with this dark, blurry picture with a finger over the lens. Sheesh! Where's a woman when I need one?! Anyway, this is not at all what I had in mind so I'm not even going to consider this "inspiration" for my future tattoo. It was too humorous not to include.

Any thoughts? Opinions? Anyone have a lyric or meaningful text on their bodies? Tattoos on your shoulder blade? I'm open to your feedback!

2 comments:

Darcey said...

Will you just go get it already!! As long as it means something to YOU, you won't regret it! I haven't working in the salon for almost 10 years and I still love my scissors because it means something to ME! But I do think you should check into white ink, those look cool :)

Mark Spensley said...

Quit talking and just do it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...