I wanted it on my foot at first but I've come around to wanting it on my side. Maybe this will give me extra incentive to stay fit? I am messing with the idea of setting a goal of a certain weight, and once I get there I will allow myself the tattoo. That will also give me time to save up money and continue researching :)
So far my desired tattoo is a Brand New lyric translated into Italian. As time goes on, I know my Italy trip will become very important to me and a memory I will really cherish. Music is a big part of my life, and always will be. I love Brand New. No matter what mood I'm in, there is a song for it. I won't ever get sick of them. Brand New is also a link to my best friend Tonia, who introduced me to the band, and my boyfriend (and assumed future hubby) Kevin, who sings me BN songs. It's an expression of going against the grain and liking something not everyone else may appreciate. I am currently searching for the perfect lyric.
On BN's Facebook page, people upload dedicated tattoo's all the time. Last night, I looked through all 1,056 pictures for ideas. Here are some of my favorites:

This lyric was my first thought as a tattoo to get, but after looking through the pictures I see many people have it. However, what inspired me in this tattoo was that each of the different fonts are the handwriting of different members of his family! LOVE that idea!

I love [part of] this lyric! I would cut it down to "We learn as we age." As a teacher, I thought this would be appropriate. It would also be something that would be meaningful forever. It would inspire me to continue to make a difference for my students, and continue being a life-long learner myself.

I like this lyric for some reason. "This is the grace only we can bestow." It's different. I wouldn't get this exact one, but maybe something similar and that is different from the norm.

This isn't a consideration, but I liked the story behind it. "When I'm talking to myself I'd always rather be talking to you." His friend died in a car accident and his favorite band was BN. He got this tattoo in honor of his friend. It's a BN lyric of course, and I liked the meaning behind it.
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE offer any feedback you have! I have been wanting a tattoo for a long time, but just haven't been able to come up with anything meaningful. I think I am on the right track!
Also, I'm going to need to find someone who is fluent in Italian. I don't trust online translators to translate a tattoo on my body that will be there forever. If you know anyone, let me know! :)
P.S. I was just playing doll house with the girl and I nanny for. Storyline: The boy liked this girl who was doing "pretty things" but then all the other girls were doing "pretty things" too, and he couldn't decide. He finally decided to redecorate his house and "keep" all the girls. Hmmm?
P.P.S. If you haven't figured out what "Tatuaggio" means, re-read this post and try again! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment