Hello! We signed our lease tonight!! YAYAYA! I feel like a big girl moving in with my boyfriend (and our love child, Brian.. not really our child.. don't take that the wrong way..) Anyway! I took some pictures of it before we moved in and I warn you, this may be photo overload. But it has to be done. I can't wait to start taking after pictures and then after AFTER pictures when everything is beautiful.
I would also like to note this is cheaper than any other place I ever lived in college. And look how fancy! It's located in Urbandale, about 20 minutes from the current school I'm teaching at, and it will be about 25-30 minutes to my second school in Ankeny.

This is our very own front door :) Doorbell and all!
The entrance is the door to the left, and this is our living room with fancy pancy fireplace! And yes, those are (faux) hardwood floors.
The rest of the living room, and the dining area and patio to the right.
Kitchen! Look at all those cabinets.

And we even have an ice maker in the fridge! I like to eat crushed ice so I was very pleased with this. Kevin claims to have used one of these only a few times in his life.

Our bedroom. It was hard to get a decent picture so this picture basically tells you nothing. My apologies. The closet is to the left and the bathroom is to the right.

Our walk in closet. We were both amazed we have a closet with a LIGHT! It goes around the door to the right. Kevin, Brian, and I stood in it and had a nice comfortable chat. It's that spacious. Then Brian came out of the closet.....................

Our (Kevin and Me) bathroom. This is MY vanity. Yes, as in we both have one. And a nice big cupboard.
View from inside the bathroom. This is the door back to the bedroom. See! We both have vanities :) This will solve a lot of bickering over Kevin's cleanliness (or lack of).

Washer/Dryer. Nothing fancy. But we have it!

Half bath and utility closet
Our patio that will house a grill and maybe eventually a small table and chairs. It's smaller than it looks here. But, being on the ground floor it feels like we have more room. Maybe a day of tailgating and bags on our "lawn?"

Dining area
I found this humorous and it gives a good glimpse of Kevin. What you have here are a bunch of vintage beer signs and 2 packs of High Life. I actually like the beer signs a lot.

And currently this is the only thing in our fridge. He wasted no time.
I was pleased I could fit my whole life in two car loads.

Remember this creation? I found a home for it! While we unpacked we listened to a little Mumford and Sons. It is also what I'm listening to as I type this post. I'm going through a phase. Also to note, my iHome Cube is amazing. It lights up and changes colors and the speakers are actually pretty impressive. Apple, if you'd like to sponsor me for this product review, I'll accept your endorsement.
I also convinced Kevin to let me paint the old looking entertainment center white with chalk paint. Yes, as in you can write on it with chalk. He says no to the bar stools but Brian likes the idea and I think I can eventually convince him. Maybe. So be looking forward to that DIY.
There you have it. We have moved most of our stuff but will move all the big stuff Friday. I will post more pictures once we're unpacked! I have a feeling I will be posting a lot of apartment things so I apologize in advance. I am just so excited! Please come visit!
2 comments:
That's a beautiful place! I'm excited for you - it is sooo fun to live with the person you love! :)
Holy NICE Allie! Fireplace, ice maker, YOU are LIVIN' Large!! :)
Post a Comment