Thursday, September 22, 2011

Feeling the Love

I'm in the 1 week mark! I move in with Kevin next Friday! It just hit me this week that the bedroom I'm in now is the very last bedroom that will ever be just MINE. Which is kinda scary, because I like to spend a lot of time chillaxing and being myself in my room. I put a lot of detail and effort into my space, so it's sad this is the last space that will be just mine. Someday we will have a house and I will have my own craft room.

I am feeling extra in love lately and I wanted to spread the good feelings around. I am a lucky girl to have found such a great guy. And I get to keep him forever. It's comforting knowing I have found the person I'll spend the rest of my life with. Ahhh. Life is good. Here are some photos from the summer:

This photo was from last weekend. Two of our friends (recently engaged!) came to visit and we went out for a few drinks at a bar.

This photo was from a few weeks ago. A Cedar Falls band came to Des Moines to play downtown at a street party for the opening of a restaurant called Zombie Burger. People were dressed as zombies, including the band. It was awesome.

This is a picture I drew for Kevin. I have been drawing him Sharpie pictures all summer. He will be getting more and more now that mom stocked me up. Since we started dating, I "locked" all the texts he sent me that made me think, "Aww!" and so I made a picture with all the "keepable" texts he had sent me since we started dating. I am thinking I want to find some cheap, vintage-y frames and paint them and frame the photos and maybe use them as a sort of headboard in our new room. Or at least hang them up somewhere. I'll take pictures of other pictures I have drawn and post them soon.

Tomorow is Friday! It's a 4:01 day at school. Teacher contract hours end at 4:00, so at 4:01 all the teachers head downtown for a few drinks. Since I'm a newbie, I'm not sure what "a few drinks" constitutes as. Since Kevin works downtown, I'm planning on hitching a ride home with him if "a few drinks" means more than one or two.

This week flew by! 3 more weeks of 2nd grade.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...