I'm not back with anything new and exciting, but I did have a pretty darn fantastic weekend and took some pictures to prove it. A lot of pictures. Sorry :)
To start, Friday was "Career Day" at school and everyone was encouraged to dress up as a career. I raided Kevin's closet and ended up on farmer. You can see my work gloves in my back pocket in the mirror. :)
I experimented with my hair pastels Friday night and loved the outcome. This has been a hair style I've been using lately for school (minus the colors of course). It keeps the hair out of my face but still allows me wear my hair down.
Friday night we hosted card club and as always it was so much fun! We had an "outdoor" table because our apartment isn't quite big enough for 3! Luckily it was a nice night, until the June Bugs attacked.
It's always a crock pot party at card club. We do have some talented chefs. I'm not one of them. I made strawberry margaritas, which were delicious if I do say so myself. It was Cinco de Mayo eve so I had not choice, right?!
It's obvious most females in our card club are teachers! We have laminated cards to assign tables.
Happy birthday, Andrew!
Kevin's work friends love hearing his crazy stories of growing up on the farm. Kellie joined us this month and Kevin showed her an aerial picture of his farm and explained it all to her, it was quite amusing! She's from St. Louis :) I love her confused yet enthralled looks in these pictures.
Saturday I enjoyed some Friends episodes I had DVR'd. Monica and Chandler's engagement gets me every time!
Kevin and I went on a date Saturday. Sometimes I get really excited about outfits I put together, and this is one of them. So excited, I wore it two days in a row. Shh.
We had plans to go to the horse races at the casino, but it was Kentucky Derby day apparently and it was too packed to even find a parking spot. So, we went downtown for drinks instead. This is at El Bait Shop. They have a ridiculous amount of beers on tap. I don't really care about all that, but my beer loving fiancé does.
See? Beer. It was such a nice day to sit out on the patio. I love the Des Moines skyline in the back.
Since it was Cinco de Mayo, my drink of choice was a margarita. (Ok, to be honest, that's my drink of choice regardless.) This was a special margarita. Since it's some anniversary for the candy Pop Rocks, they had a special for a Raspberry Pop Rock Margarita and it was delicious! And entertaining. When the bartender put the pop rocks in, they popped all over the place! I was finding pop rocks in my hair later that night :)
We ate supper downtown at Capital Pub and Hot Dog Company. We had a Groupon there, and it was awesome! I didn't take a picture, but this place is a house made into a restaurant. Kevin had a Mad Dog which was a crazy spicy concoction and I had a Nacho Dog, with cheese sauce topped with Fritos. Both very healthy options, obviously.
Today I took a nap and we watched murder mysteries and conspiracy theories on TV. I'm getting ready to head back down to Gray's Lake to go for a run. Later we will continue our Sunday tradition of grocery shopping. I'm excited we finally have a blender so I can start making healthy smoothies! Let me know if you have a recipe or concoction you love! A movie may be in our future as well.
This weekend is UNI's graduation weekend. Congratulations to all the new UNI Alumns! This weekend marks the 1 year mark of me moving away from UNI to Des Moines. I cannot believe how quickly this year passed by! I still miss UNI just as much. I REALLY miss all my friends. I'm lucky to have made the type of friends that I can call any time and we will pick up right where we left off :)
One last thing-- Kevin has been running for a couple months now and has been gradually working up his miles. He consistently ran 3, then consistently ran 5, and then out of nowhere today he ran almost 10 miles!! Anyway, I'm proud of him. That's all I wanted to say. :)
Happy Sunday!
















No comments:
Post a Comment