What you need:
Vase or Candlestick (I've also seen this done with wine glasses or anything with a tall stem)
Plate or basket (Use your imagination)
Heavy duty glue (That's right folks, the hot glue gun just wasn't good enough for this one!)
Spray paint
Tin foil
I went into Goodwill looking for something with a tall stem and something flat, not really having any specific vision. Don't feel confined to what I've used! I got the spray paint at Hobby Lobby for about $4-$5 I think. The glue you can find at any hardware or craft store. Make sure it says it works on glass.
Even though it was about 15 degrees I did this outside so I wouldn't ruin our apartment. I would recommend using more tin foil that I because I did end up with some purple cement. Oopsie! Spray a thin coat and then let dry. I sprayed a thick coat and had some running spray paint marks. I'm also impatient. Learn from my mistakes.
I also sprayed the basket, but kept the plate orange.
There you have it! I used the purple and gold one for a "catch all" basket on the counter (next to my DIY shopping list).
I'm trying to find my inspiration from Pinterest but the search function won't cooperate. I'll update later to give credit where credit is due. I also had NO idea what to call this DIY (a functioning Pinterest would have helped) so I hope the title makes sense?
No comments:
Post a Comment