Wednesday, December 14, 2011

End of One Chapter

Today is my VERY last day of student teaching. Which also means it's my very last day of required college attendance. Which means I'm basically a college graduate. WOOOOO!! I'm an alum!

In honor of finishing up my requirements, I made some goodies for my class. I will miss those little boogers and the teaching staff sooo much! It was a great experience.

Crayon Wreath

What you need:
Cardboard -- Anything sturdy and circular, I've also seen embroidery hoops used
Crayons -- I used 48, but you can use 64 for a bigger wreath
Hot glue
Fabric or ribbon -- Anything you want to use for an embellishment
Scissors

Cut circles out of your cardboard. I didn't do a very good job of taking pictures of this part. Once you have the outer circle drawn. You're going to need to make it look like an "o" by cutting out the middle. You want a semi-thin circle.

 Cut out fabric to cover up the ugly cardboard

 Secure the ends with hot glue and wrap around, over-laping as you go.

Lay out your crayons so you have a general idea how to space them. Start glueing your crayons down with hot glue. The crayons in the top right corner have been glued down. I wanted to be sure all the labels faced up and all the crayons were glued similarly.

I made a few fabric rosettes to glue on, but that is certainly optional. I cut out a strip of fabric to use to hang the wreath.

I kinda want one for myself now.

I also thought it would be fun to include what I made my my kiddos.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...