Tuesday, August 16, 2011

More Crafts!

Here are some of the hair pins I have been working to perfect over the last few weeks. I enjoy making them so if anyone has any requests, let me know! Also, I would encourage you to try to make some yourself. They are all super easy. Just click on the links to get to the tutorials.

Click here to learn how to make the rosette. You may have seen these flowers a few posts ago on a to-do picture frame. I made a "UNI" colored pin also using this. (See below)

I made the white and yellow lace hair pins using this tutorial. In the white one, I made two flowers and sewed them on top of each other to make it a little bigger. I also made a mini rosette and sewed it into the middle of the lace flower.

The blue one took the least amount of work! I bought it in the craft section at Hobby Lobby-- I think it would be considered an embellishment. It was maybe $2. I just glued felt and a bobby pin to the back. Just walk around Hobby Lobby and you will find something you like! They had a section of embellishments that looked meant for hair pins.

Below is a bracelet I made from this tutorial. I branched off and used my own type of string. I'd recommend using a glossy string for the black string that goes underneath (doesn't have to be black) and a string that is a little more rough, like hemp, for the wrap around string. The beads were a little harder to find. I made my first one using pearls I found in the ribbon/lace section at hobby lobby but they were too big and I didn't like the look. I found the beads (they're actually plastic, not metal) at JoAnn Fabric near the buttons and lace. I found the hex nuts at Ace Hardware for 10 cents each. Kevin even went with me :) What a good boyfriend.

So this is what I've been doing during my free time when Kevin is busy working or the girls are playing Polly Pockets. I am sad all that free time is about to come to an end. At least I have some hand-made accessories to wear! Let me know if you try anything you see!

Also, I don't think I posted the tutorial for the fabric button earrings I made. Here it is! It will take you maybe 5 minutes total to make one pair. The hardest part is taking the metal part off the buttons with pliers. Everything else is a breeze. If you make these, I'd recommend getting fabric QUARTERS from JoAnn. I think they were $2 and I have used them to make the rosettes as well and I still have a ton left. It's cheaper than getting a yard and more convenient as well, in my opinion.

Last thing! Every website that I find my tutorials from is listed to the right here. I can't take credit. I can only take credit for having an excess amount of time on my hands.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...