I ended my summer of nannying Friday and I miss the girls soooo much! We had a great last day full of hugs and presents. I love giving presents to little ones. As mentioned in previous posts, the girls play Polly Pockets ALL day long. So, I knew I wanted to give them something they'd use often. They are always searching for make-shift beds for the Polly's, which cracks me up. So, I made these:
Don't tell me you wouldn't love this if you were a little girl. I made all of these and they FREAKED out when they opened it. I sewed two pieces of felt together using a blanket stitch. I got creative and folded the top "blanket" down to make it look more like a bed. Then, I got even MORE creative and made pillows by stuffing tissue into it and sewing it up. Took about 10 minutes each. Then they opened hand-made notebooks and flower and puppy shaped crayons. They had no idea what to play with first. In the end, the Polly's won.
I made mom and dad the picture frame with the cutest pictures of the girls, and the girls' presents are in the pretty bag. Of course I said, "You have to SHARE everything in this bag!" before they opened it. 3 minutes later they were divvying up the contents. Go figure. I made a scrapbook from all the pictures I took throughout the summer and the girls decorated it. I thought mom was going to cry :).
They were a tremendous family to work for and I will be back to visit soon!
Update: I ended nannying Friday and took my Praxis test Saturday. One of the questions had an example of the Magic Treehouse series books in it, which Peyton read constantly all summer. I had to text her mom to tell her thanks for helping me on my test :)
Oh, I PASSED THE PRAXIS! Despite my 3 day hiatus from blogging, I hardly studied. Kevin woke me up early Saturday morning to do some practice math problems. I was well above the state required minimum score :) And... math wasn't my lowest score!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment