This post is dedicated to my best friend Tonia because she just got her first big girl job!!! YAY TONIA! Tonia called me a couple weeks prior to vent her frustrations about the education job market (or lack of) up in Minnesota and the slow processing of teacher licenses. We brainstormed backup plans and worst and best-case scenario options. Well, as luck will have it we didn't need to have that conversation. Tonia got a job! After only ONE interview! In a very random and bizarre fashion she met a grandma at the child development center she was working who passed her name along. One interview later and BAM Tonia had a job. I'm very proud of her and happy her stresses about finding a job are over. I know Tonia will do great in this classroom and the kids are extremely lucky to have her!
Rather than try to explain our friendship, I will do so in visual form. You will never understand it, anyway. I don't even understand it. Most of the time I'm trying to get out of it. ;)
Here are a few of my favorite pictures of us over the years:
I believe this is one of the first pictures of us together. This was at my 21st birthday waaaay ;) back in 2009.
Another picture from long ago. We were at Becks in Cedar Falls watching UNI beat Kansas in the Sweet 16!!!!! (This was also the night Kevin asked me out for the first time!)
This was last November after the Living History Farms race in Des Moines. Tonia had an injured foot but we ran the whole 7 miles together and crossed the finish line hand-in-hand! Haha. (For those of you who don't know what LHF race is find out and then SIGN UP! It was so much fun. Even if you're not an avid runner, you will love it.)
This was taken later that night after the race in downtown Des Moines. I have 23092 pictures of Tonia kissing and/or hugging me. :)
This is us doing what we do best. We are the dynamic duo that invades the Hydrant in Cedar Falls every few months. Our set list includes: It's Tricky by Run DMC, Fat Lip by Sum 41, Handlebars by the Flobots, and Why Don't You Get a Job by the Offspring. I feel like I'm missing one.

These are our shoes. They explain more than you know.
Aaand this past spring we built a fort in my old apartment in Cedar Falls. We ate ice cream and watched Ghost Adventures late at night. It was one of the best days of my life.
I wish Tonia's teaching adventures had brought her back to Iowa. But, now we each have a city to visit when we're bored :) LOVE YOU T-FIZZLE!
No comments:
Post a Comment