Thursday, July 28, 2011

"I Contemplate the Day We Wed..."

I have been reading Green Wedding Shoes for almost a year now (hence the dedicated green font). I was never into weddings before, I never thought about my "dream" wedding, I never cared much or thought much about it...until I found this site! (It may also have something to do with the fact that I am now with the boy I fully intend to marry someday, but it all started with GWS I swear!) I am big on originality and not doing something just because it's "tradition." I want someone to walk into my wedding and think, "Yeah, this is totally Allie and _____ (insert Kevin's name here??)" This website is the epitome of that mentality. Every wedding is different and it is full of SO many different ideas. I read it everyday. Now that many of my friends are beginning the wedding process, I have loved it even more. I have even started an "inspiration board" for myself, which consists of about a 30-page word document of pictures and ideas I've seen on the site. Yes, I know, I'm not even engaged and you may think I'm a little ridiculous. However, I don't want to forget any of it! I felt the need to dedicate a post SOLEY to this sight who has got me itching to plan a wedding ;).

Please, check out this sight!

Here are a FEW ideas from my extensive word document :)

Love the colors! And the table settings.

LOVE this bouquet. I have been making lace flowers as hair pieces lately (see previous post) so I have been contemplating how I can turn that hobby/craft into a bouquet. I imagine it would take a long time to collect this many beautiful broaches.


This is one of my favorite discoveries. Instead of a guest book--because when are you ever going to read that anyway--make a thumbprint tree to use as art in your home! Love love love love.

Many weddings on GWS have favors. Actually, almost every wedding I see does. Personally, I've never been to a wedding that has favors and I think it's kind of a waste of money. However, I think this is a valuable favor. This is a thank-you CD to give to guests. I imagine it would feature meaningful songs to the relationship, bride/groom favorites, etc. It would be a nice sentiment for the drive home. I might be the only one who thinks this is a good idea based on my love of new music.


I think this is precious--love advice from grandparents. I would extend this to include many family members or married friends. Love this!

As a teacher, I can't help but love this. I would like to incorporate some sort of chalk board into my wedding or engagement photos. I'm not sure how ______ (insert Kevin's name here??) will feel about this.

Last but certainly not least! Even I will admit this is a little over the top. However, I love groomsmen in suspenders and I love bride's maids in different dresses from each other. I also LOVE the sunglasses. These knock off Rayban's have a special place in my heart, as we bought them ALL over Italy last summer. (Sorry this pic is so small.)

I wish I could keep going and going but I can't give away all my ideas or no one will be surprised at my wedding. After excitedly sharing with Kevin many of my ideas the other day, I jokingly asked him to hurry up and propose so I can start planning. His response was, "Haven't you already?" GUILTY!

The title is from this Brand New song, "The Quiet Things that No One Ever Knows"... one of my faves and one of the few songs my bf can play on his guitar.



1 comment:

Darcey said...

Ok, that rainbow wedding with the suspenders and sunglasses is SOOOO YOU!! And I love the brooch bouquet, I have a purple one of your great grandma's that you could start with :) Maybe you should just propose to ________(insert Kevin's name???)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...