My last post got me thinking about the two sides of my life-- the Indie/punky (Hippie as my mom calls it) side, and then the teacher side. The two don't really fit together. I can never wear my Vans to school, or many of my favorite clothes for that matter. I wish the teacher profession was OK with self-expression. I took a picture of the "teacher" part of my room to reflect the difference, and then started looking at other aspect of my room. Anyway, the picture taking got a little out of hand, and I started taking snapshots of areas of my room that clearly reflected "me." Enjoy!
These have all been gifts for my future desk. I should have quite the collection by the time I get my own classroom. The wooden date board I bought in the dollar bin at Target :)
My mom made these for me one year for my birthday. I have to stay "Ms. Spensley" for awhile since I have a whole box full of these notepads.
This is part of my children's book collection. I donated many picture books to my friend Liz who is in the Peace Corps working in the Grenadines to help build schools for the children there. My roommate last year Erin organized an amazing book drive. The chapter books were donated to me from my aunt and the other books I either got from my mom as gifts or through book orders. This is a prized collection for me!
From where I was sitting (not staged)...
Do you think I like bags?
New running shoes are the best. Minus the blisters I always get on the back of my ankles. Ouch!
This month's calendar. It's one of my favorite pages. Hannah is in the bottom left, she is one of my inspirations for keeping up a blog.
Dresser-- make up bag, photo of my dad and me after my last softball game, graduation card from boyfriend, Glee card from aunt, friends card from Erin, graduation card from Mom with inspirational Obama quote on front to appeal to the liberal in me.
Window ledge-- Authentic Italian wine (empty, of course) and olive oil (empty again), graduation hat, and crafted paper tree.
This is a little dark :(-- my key ring is very me, bracelet made by 5 year old, Napoli key chain, peace sign key chain, Des Moines library card, and key to my car, all set on a stand I made with Dove chocolate quotes.
Hope you enjoyed the mini tour of my room. I don't know why the pictures loaded so poorly. I'll work on it.
No comments:
Post a Comment