Monday, May 7, 2012

Sweet Summertime

Summer is almost here! I truly cannot believe it. I only have 3 more weeks of school, then I'm off to San Diego for a week! After that I'll be returning to my summer nanny job and having lots of fun with two awesome little ladies. Yesterday on my run I was thinking of all the fun things I wanted to do this summer, mostly to keep my mind off of how much I wanted to stop. Nonetheless, I kept the list going when I came home and ended up with a lot of things I want to do! I thought it'd be fun to document how many things I actually do through my blog this summer. Here is the start of my list, I want to get up to 50 so I may add more before the summer actually gets here.



  1. Go pedal boating at Gray's Lake
  2. Secure a job for the fall
  3. Put my feet in the Atlantic Ocean
  4. Spend a weekend in Galena, IL
  5. Go on a hot air balloon ride
  6. Go to the downtown farmer's market twice a month
  7. Try Yoga In The Park at Gray's Lake
  8. Write a kick-ass maid of honor speech
  9. Get a lot of wedding planning accomplished
  10. Read 2 books per month
  11. Hit up a lot of garage sales
  12. Get started with Big Brothers Big Sisters again
  13. Volunteer at a youth shelter
  14. Visit the Humane Society
  15. Visit each of my bridesmaids 
  16. Go on a picnic
  17. Participate in the Color Run in Minneapolis
  18. Make another sock monkey
  19. Read the Des Moines register each week
  20. Cook one new meal per week
  21. Jam out front row to my favorite band IN THE WORLD Brand New with my best friend and fiancé!
  22. Introduce my parents to Kevin's parents
  23. Go to a few I-Cubs games
  24. Run in at least 2 road races
  25. Go to the Zoo Brew at the Blank Park Zoo in Des Moines
  26. Go to a comedy show
  27. Go to a drive-in movie theatre
  28. Keep a food log
  29. Grow something other than mold
  30. Make a new friend
  31. Sew a blanket
  32. Get organized
  33. Print off more pictures
  34. Go to 3 outdoor concerts
  35. Float the river
  36. Get in the car and just drive
  37. Rent bikes downtown
  38. Go to the state fair
  39. Go camping
  40. Send one piece of snail mail per week
  41. Make an inside fort
  42. Throw a themed party
  43. Watch a few of my sister's softball games
  44. Work on that farmer's tan
  45. Get our engagement pictures taken
There you have it! If you have any other suggestions of fun summer things to do, throw them my way! Especially if you live in the Des Moines area :)

All photos are from my summer in Italy two years ago. The photos are from the Amalfi Coast.

2 comments:

hannah said...

46. See Hannah

47. Help Hannah make her Italy scrapbook. 
yah.. still haven't done that.

Jessica Lawson said...

Love Italy! I would love to go back! This is also a great list! Also, there's nothing wrong with being young at heart! I found your blog through the Perfect Pear blog link and I'm stopping by to say hello! -Jessica

THEJESSICALBLOG.COM

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...