Saturday, May 12, 2012
The Best Week EVER!
It still hasn't sunk in completely that I officially have a BIG GIRL JOB! Teaching contracts, benefits, IPERS...all that good stuff! All that hard work has PAID OFF and it feels amazing. I'll be teaching kindergarten at the school I am currently a long-term sub at. I'm so excited to be able to stay where I am--I feel comfortable there, I know the staff and students, and it's just a really great place to be!
The original excitement is starting to fade a little, and I'm realizing I have a lot of work ahead of me. I may not have the carefree summer I had envisioned, but I am 100% ok with that! I have started collecting tons of ideas for my classroom and got some great things at garage sales this morning.
I feel so incredibly lucky to have this job. I know I'm one of the lucky ones getting a teaching job right out of college; there are a lot of teachers out there and not a lot of jobs right now. And to get my DREAM JOB right out of the gate?! Are you kidding me! I was very stressed for a few months of no interviews, but now I am so RELIEVED I can enjoy the summer and have 3 months to start planning for next year!
My favorite part is that I can say, "I'm a kindergarten teacher!" :)
Labels:
Big Girl Stuff,
Teaching
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Congratulations!
Post a Comment