Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Opening a Box of Crayons

Benvenuto! That's "Welcome!" in Italian. "Start Acting My Age" is purposed to serve as a creative outlet for me. There are so many things that I come across that want to share with my friends, family, and fellow creative beings--music, craft ideas, fashion, wedding things, exercise, anything Italian, and things kids say.

"I'll Grow Old, Start Acting My Age" is a lyric from one of my favorite songs, "The Boy Who Blocked His Own Shot," from my favorite band, Brand New. See the rest of the lyrics here. You can view it played live by my future husband Jesse Lacey (1 of 2) here. The lyric is also meaningful in relation to my personality. I truly am a kid at heart. I am attracted to bright colors, I love to swing, I hate being in trouble, I wet the bed--just kidding, I wish I could spend all of my time outside, I love dressing up Barbies and Polly Pockets with the girls I nanny for...I could go on forever. My mom makes fun of me and always tell me I am definitely a kindergarten teacher. I take that as a compliment! 1. That is what I went to school for, 2. Who doesn't love a kindergarten teacher?

As I enter the "real world," I am forced to start acting my age. However, I will be an elementary teacher, so keeping a little immaturity is a good thing. This blog will be a reflection of my grown-up self mixed with the kindergartner in me that makes life fun and interesting. Piacere!

(That's "Enjoy!" in Italian. If you're wondering, "Why the Italian?" I spent 10 weeks in Italy last summer. My boyfriend doesn't let me speak it in real life..I was gone 10 weeks, it was a traumatic time in his life apparently. I am also attempting to build my Italian vocabulary so this will be a good place to do that! That's the kindergarten TEACHER in me talking.)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...