Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Mushy Mushy


My main squeeze is Kevin John Clark. If I believed in soul mates I would be certain I found mine. He has a lovely face (see below). I'm missing him this week because he is off working in far-away lands (Nebraska.) Here is our "love story" in a nutshell:

*Girl and boy are introduced by Tonia.
*Girl sees boy. Girl likes what she sees.
*A few months later, boy comes to his senses when he sees girl do pushups.
*Girl and boy go on a date.
*Girl and boy fall in love.
*Girl goes to Italy. Boy is sad.
*Girl comes back. Loves boy still.
*Boy and girl are apart for a year while girl is at UNI.
*Girl and boy are reunited.
*Happy times are upon girl and boy.
* To be continued... :)


Now that we live in the same city, I feel spoiled I get to see him whenever I want. So, when we are apart for a week it feels like forever. Anyway, I found this quote (see below) and I thought it offered a real perspective of how a relationship works. It's good to remember everything is not always perfct. However, I am a perfectionist and sometimes I know I just need to relax. Maybe this quote will give you a new perspective, too. [Note: I changed all the she's to he's and the her's to him's to make it befitting for all you lady-readers out there.]

P.S. I titled this post "Mushy Mushy" as a spin of another Brand New song I love, "Moshi Moshi." Give it a listen. Skip in to about 1:20.

"You may not be his first, his last, or his only. He loved before and he may love again. But if he loves you now, what else matters? He’s not perfect—you aren’t either, and the two of you may never be perfect together. But if he can make you laugh, cause you to think twice, and admit to being human and making mistakes, hold onto him and give him the most you can. He may not be thinking about you every second of the day, but he will give you a part of him that he knows you can break—his heart. So don’t hurt him, don’t change him, don’t analyze and don’t expect more than he can give. Smile when he makes you happy, let him know when he makes you mad, and miss him when he’s not there." {Bob Marley}

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...