Wednesday, June 15, 2011

All Alone in the Shower

Tonight I realized that my current shower is the only shower that has been only mine. Growing up, I always shared a shower with parents, brothers, or my sister. In college, we had the communal dorm showers, and then in apartment living I always shared a shower with one or two girls. The last apartment I was in was a teeny tiny little apartment with one small shower and three girls. Needless to say there was an assortment of shampoos, body washes, acne cleansers, razors, etc. It is something I took for granted. Now, my shampoo is lonely in its solitary shower. I loved living with my best friends. There was always someone to talk to, someone to do something with, someone to drink with, and someone to model my latest purchase for. I miss sitting on each others' beds, complaining about our boyfriends not calling or how stressed we were with homework. I recently visited my roommate Andrea and it was like we still lived together. I am growing to cherish those moments with friends. I don't know many other females here in Des Moines. I am tired of talking about beer, food, and pooping with Kevin and his roommate (I never disclose my bowel movements... girls don't poop.) I need some stimulating conversation with females my own age. Man, I miss my roommates.


This picture of Erin and I was taken during our Remedial Reading bar crawl!! It was the most difficult class of MANY we took together and we all deserved the night out.


Andrea-- I had to creep far and wide for this old school picture. I don't know when it was taken, where it was taken, or even why it was taken. Excuse my creepy scare and I'll excuse your windblown bangs. :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...