Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Motivation

I started a Boot Camp fitness class on Monday and it literally is BOOT CAMP! Usually it takes a day or two for me to be sore after a workout. Not this time--I was sore during the workout. However, it's an incredibly motivating class. I'm used to teaching the class and setting the pace. However, in this class it's my goal to be better than everyone--not really a good idea to have that goal as an instructor. In the last two days I have been very satisfied with the workout and I know if I keep it up and eat right I WILL see results.

The class is through BCOR Fitness in Des Moines. I heard about it through a Living Social deal. It was only $20 for 30 days. I found out today that the regular price is $200 for 2 months. Talk about a good deal!! I recommend anyone join living social. You get daily e-mails with your deal of the day in your area. Both Kevin and I have gotten good use out of the website with restaurant deals, etc.

After my workout tonight I went to the grocery store and purchased the following items:
  • Grapes
  • Bananas
  • Oranges
  • Apples
  • Pineapple
  • Carrots
  • Special K Yogurt and Berries (sooo good!!)
  • Chicken
  • Broccoli
  • Rice
  • Wheat Thins
  • Crystal Light (to motivate me to drink more H2O!!)
I was very proud of myself for buying the food I did. Part of Boot Camp is to keep a food journal, which is helping me to be accountable for what I put into my body. I know from experience not to completely deprive myself, so I will give myself the weekends to not worry about what I eat. The biggest challenge I'm finding is being with a 7 and 5 year old all day! I cannot eat what they eat, so I think I'll have to start bringing my lunch once in awhile.

Also to note, I got a new pair of workout shorts from Kohls and 2 sports bras from Target. The shorts were only $14 and I already have two pairs of the same shorts in different colors. I usually hate wearing shorts when I work out but I LOVE these shorts. They have built-in underwear, so no wedgies! Here is the link if you're interested. The sports bras were also a steal--only $10. I can't find the sale price online, sorry! Finally, I went to buy new running shoes!! I've had my old pair for awhile and have put many miles on them, so time for a new pair. An updated wardrobe always helps the workout motivation :)

P.S. My instructor is also pretty easy on the eyes ;)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...