So.....we're moving downtown!
We found a cute little loft in the East Village. This is a "trendy" little area of downtown. There are lots of little shops, bars, and restaurants. It's a more laid back, artsy area of downtown. Our loft is in a historic building converted to lofts.
We have a view of the capitol to the east and the skyscrapers of downtown to the west.
Inside, we have exposed brick walls and an open "loft" feel. There is no bedroom wall or door, it's open to the living space (it's around the corner in the picture below). When looking at lofts, I was worried there would be little closet space and everything would just be open. This is not the case. We have 2 big walk in closets and a good sized linen closet in the bathroom. The loft is only 675 sq. ft., but the space is used well. (These next pictures are taken from the Craigslist ad I found the apartment through).
We also have a HUGE covered patio (200 sq. ft.) that will be useful when Kevin and I have had too much together time. Let's face it, we will be living in close quarters! I need somewhere to storm off to when he makes me angry :). I'm excited for our eventual house-warming party to see how many people we can fit out here!
The kitchen area is a nice size as well with plenty of cupboard space (I realize I'm starting to sound like a realtor. I blame HGTV.) You can kinda get a glimpse of the industrial feel of the loft here with the exposed ductwork and industrial lights.
I will of course provide many more photos once we move in, which will be at the end of July! I'll have to start crafting again as well to decorate our new pad! Until then I'm doing a little
I am really going to miss our current apartment. (You can see our furnished and decorated home tour here.) There is so much room here and everything is so new and nice! It was Kevin and I's first place together, and we got engaged in our bathroom!
More than anything I'm excited to live downtown and be in the center of it all. Come visit, friends!






1 comment:
Oh my gosh. This is so nice! I want one just like that, with the exposed brick walls. I can't wait to see how you decorate it!
Post a Comment