I decided to post again for a very important reason. This weekend I traveled to St. Paul to attend the River's Edge Music Festival. Mainly, I went to see Brand New. For those of you who have been here since the beginning, you know this blog's name is inspired by Brand New, so I felt like I owed it to "the blog" to share my experience. (I am also bursting at the seems with excitement and want to shout from the rooftops how AMAZING the experience was and how in love I am with Brand New!!!!!!!!) So I will. :)
Brand New is my favorite band period. I have never seen them in concert and have been DYING to see them since I first started listening to their music 3 years ago (they've been around for 12 years...I was a late arrival.) Seeing them in concert was truly a dream come true, as lame as it sounds.
Next up was Coheed and Cambria. I had heard of them but wasn't familiar with their music. Overall, wasn't impressed. The lead singer had a MASSIVE amount of hair and I never really saw his face. Their music was just OK. The highlight was when they covered "Somebody That I Used To Know," which you may know I declared my love for that song in this post.
Alas, BRAND NEW!!!! It was the coolest feeling seeing this man that I have watched on YouTube SO many times, literally feet in front of me. We were front row center, couldn't have been closer! My first thought: "Wow, he is so much more attractive in real life than I could have ever imagined!" He's beautiful. (Sorry, Kevin!) He was sporting a newly shaved head and scruffy beard, which just does me in! Ok, moving on... :). They sounded awesome. Even better than I could have imagined. Their set list was impeccable and I enjoyed every single minute. It was a great mix of songs from each album. They interacted with the crowed and looked like they were having so much fun. Their music means so much more to me now that I've seen it and heard it first hand. My 4 hour drive home from St. Paul was rather enjoyable, listening to the set list with my radio blared, jamming out by myself! I've been singing to myself all day, and going on and on to Kevin about how awesome it was. SO AWESOME!
For you Brand New fans, this is the set list:
Tautou (opener)
Sink
Sowing Season
Millstone
The Archers Bows Have Broken
Mix Tape
Soco Amaretto Lime
Jesus
Okay I Believe You, But My Tommy Gun Don't
Bought A Bride
Gasoline
Degausser
You Won't Know (closer)
I promise, there are other band members who are also amazing musicians... :)
(Vinny)
(Garrett)
(Brian)
(Jesse)
More pictures for your viewing pleasure:
(I couldn't help myself)
We spent the rest of the night eating yummy food, taking in the atmosphere, and we also listened to Sublime. It was a great experience and I would do it all again in a heartbeat! 'Twas a beautiful day and evening!



















1 comment:
so glad you are back. i hope you keep it up! i used to loooove coheed. claudio does have a lot of hair. their new albums suck.
again, glad you are back.
Post a Comment