Monday, February 18, 2013

Farrell's: Week 5 Progress

Farrell's is the bee's knees, people! IT WORKS! I am a changed woman.

To read a more elaborate explanation of what Farrell's is, you can read this post I wrote at the beginning of the 10-week program. In a nutshell, Farrell's is a lifestyle change that begins with a 10-week program, 6 days a week. Kickboxing is 3 days a week, resistance bands are 3 days a week. In FXB, food is viewed as "fuel". We eat six small meals a day, intaking a certain amount of protein and carbs per meal. No calorie counting, not a fad diet. Fueling your body with the nutrients it needs to function. That's the key. FXB is a family and a community, not a gym. Each new member is put on a team with a coach to hold each other accountable. And we do! I have made some great friends in FXB and I always look forward to the workouts.

At the halfway point, 5 weeks in, we retest to see the progress we've made. For some, it's an exciting time to see how much we've changed. Others may use it as a motivator to kick it into high gear. For me, it was a happy day :). Here are my half-way results:

*I lost 8 pounds
*I lost 10 and 1/2 inches (around my arms, waist, hips, chest and thighs)
*2% of my body fat
*Took a minute off my mile time
*Doubled the amount of pushups I could do in a minute (33 to 66)
*Increased my sit and reach flexibility by 4 and 1/2 inches

Needless to say, it was very motivating to see those kids of results just halfway through. It goes to show how far you can take your body by giving it the food it NEEDS and exercising regularly.

Part of my success is due to my regular attendance. I am a kindergarten teacher, and am apparently motivated by the same thing my student's are. The very first day, our coach made us write our promise to her on the top of our attendance card. I have taken it seriously, and have not missed a day in (now) 6 weeks. That's 36 workouts in a row. So now, unfortunately, I can't skip because I just can't bear (...bare?) to ruin my perfect attendance! Plus, coach Carma puts a sticker on my chart each day I'm there :)


Now, this is the best part. Back in September, I ordered my wedding dress. It fit me perfectly back then, but of course we had to specially order one that's short enough for me. My dress came in this week, and I went to try it on Sunday, a little curious as to if it'd be a little big now. The saleswoman was in the room to help me in and help me zip it up. When I stepped in it and she lifted it up, she said, "Well, someone's lost some weight!" Oops! I stood with my arms out, waiting for her to zip it. "Sweetie, it's zipped," she said. WHAT?! I knew I had lost some weight and inches, but physically being able to SEE how much different my body is now was pretty powerful. The bad news is the dress didn't fit me right whatsoever, so it'll have to be altered to look right again. I can't wait for it to FIT again!

I've convinced two people to join FXB during the next 10-week session. Kevin is going to do it with me, and my lovely co-worker Amanda has also signed up! If you are interested in knowing more about FXB, let me know! I have signed up for the FIT program (what you do after the initial 10 weeks) and am looking forward to seeing how much further I can take it.

Oh, I almost forgot the second best part. I had some goals in my mind when I began Farrell's as far as my physical measurements go. But my TRUE goal was to be asked to become an instructor. At FXB, you must be ASKED to be an instructor by the head coach. My "secret" goal was to be asked to be an instructor. (This could also have a little something to do with the kinergarten teacher in me...gotta love verbal affirmation!) I wanted to be seen as a hard worker. This goal, I think, is really what pushed me to work as hard as I did (and am!) I am halfway through my 10 weeks, and I am happy to have reached my goal of being asked to instruct.

The best part of all this is I feel fantastic. I have so much energy, I'm not exhausted at the end of the day, and I feel great about myself. I have my eye on the prize...and that's looking good relaxing on the beach on my honeymoon!

I'll be back in 4 weeks to post my final results! Thanks for reading. :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm really enjoying the design and layout of your site. It's
a very easy on the eyes which makes it much more enjoyable
for me to come here and visit more often. Did you hire out a developer to create
your theme? Fantastic work!

Here is my web site: sex facebook

Anonymous said...

Very good post. I am going through some of these issues as well.

. chcesz wiedzieć więcej - kliknij, http:
//branduepuntozero.wordpress.com/2008/07/17/wom-buzz-e-viral-marketing-qual-e-la-differenza/

Anonymous said...

I don't even know the way I ended up here, however I assumed this put up used to be great. I don't understand who you are but certainly you are going to a famous blogger for those who
are not already. Cheers!

My web blog ... kliknij

Anonymous said...

As the admin of this web page is working, no uncertainty
very rapidly it will be renowned, due to its quality contents.


my page - kliknij

Anonymous said...

Hi there! Would you mind if I share your blog with my facebook group?
There's a lot of people that I think would really appreciate your content. Please let me know. Thanks

my web site: kliknij

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...