The Ladies
I searched long and hard for the perfect bridesmaids dresses. There were a few things that were important to me when searching for dresses. 1) I wanted them to be under $100 so my ladies didn't have to break the bank, and 2) I wanted it to be a dress they could wear again. I searched online and in stores for many months--mainly looking at Modcloth. But, the problem was I was searching in winter and and the selection wasn't appropriate for a summer wedding. I ordered a few dresses but none of them were really "right."
Kevin's sister Heather came to visit one weekend and happened to show me a new dress she got to wear to Vegas that she knew I'd love. It turns out, it was this dress! I immediately fell in love. I knew it would make the perfect bridesmaids dress for the wedding.
Many brides think the only option for dresses is from a bridal store. Don't be afraid to think outside the box! In order to make sure everyone was able to order a dress before they sold out, we all ordered within a few days of each other, and I was able to give them a size reference based on Heather's dress. I didn't want everyone to look too matchy-matchy, so I had them choose their own accessories. I also gave all the girls a different brooch to wear as part of the gifts I gave them. I also gave them the choice of getting their hair done at the salon, as I know updos can get a little spendy and didn't want to force anyone to pay to get it done. They all looked so pretty and I just love how they all came together! :)
The Men
The guys' attire was actually harder to decide on than the girls'. We knew we wanted no jackets. Who wants to wear a full on suit in June? Nobody. We might as well save some money when the guys would only end up wearing them for a short amount of time anyway. I knew I wanted Kevin to look a little different than the rest of the groomsmen, so we decided on a vest for him and suspenders for the guys going with a bit of a "vintage" theme. We chose grey pants and vests as well. We also chose a variety of colors for the ties, blue for Kevin, purple for the guys, and green for the dads. Looking back at the photos I would have chosen a brighter purple against the white shirt.
The bouquets and boutonnieres are silk flowers and looked very real! I was so happy with how they turned out. We had them done by a local lady and she carried out my vision so wonderfully. I was going for a wildflower look and I just love them.
I had to include this picture. Chris and Kevin are weird friends. They grow facial hair for each other as gifts. I know, it's weird. Kevin couldn't have facial hair for a few years because of his work, but grew a beard for Chris for his wedding. Chris then asked me a few months ago if I would care if he grew a mustache for Kevin for the wedding. Haha! I encouraged it obviously. As you can see Chris looks like the biggest creeper and I'm sure his wife Allison couldn't look him in the face for the weeks leading up. Kevin clearly was infatuated.
Good friends are the ones who will take tequila shots on your wedding day!





















1 comment:
what is the name of the designer that did your bridesmaids dresses?
Post a Comment